Hyacinth is a plant belonging to the lily family. Often grown for ornamental hyacinths are 15-20 cm tall. Beautiful, slender and long panicle flowers with bright green leaves It is a fragrant perennial bulbous plant. It is one of the most loved ornamental plants with its fragrant flowers. on the Mediterranean coast and There are about 30 other species that grow wild in the tropics of Africa. Garden Most of the hyacinths are obtained from the purple-flowered hyacinth species. Hyacinth flowers are thin and It blooms at the end of a flower stalk that comes out in the middle of a neat leaf bunch. upright bunches The colors of the fragrant and bell-shaped flowers that make up the flowers are blue, purple, yellow, red, pink or it is white. Flowers are single or multilayered.
What colors do hyacinths bloom in Canada?
- Purple Hyacinth: As much as its rich appearance in gardens with its unique tones of blue, With its scent, it creates an exotic atmosphere in the land and vases.
- Pink Hyacinth: It has a sweet and spicy unique scent, a beautiful romantic scent.
- White Hyacinth: With its sweet and spicy unique scent, it emits a nice scent even in vases.
Canadian Hyacinths; Latin name: It is known as Hyacinthus orientalis. Family: Liliaceae Hyacinth’s homeland: Middle East and Anatolia. Used as an outdoor plant. Hyacinths are in the Seasonal Flowers group.
Features of Canadian Hyacinth; Hyacinth, which can grow up to 20 to 30 cm, is a biennial bulbous and durable herbaceous plant. It has green striped leaves. The flowers that open by forming spikelets towards the end of the winter season; It is available in various shades of blue, purple, pink, yellow and white. What should be the appropriate temperature for growing hyacinths in Canada? Needs good airflow, sunny and warm places in summer. However, they can also adapt to cool places. Selection of suitable soil for hyacinths; They grow well in well-fertilized, deeply cultivated sandy soils with leaf rot. However, hyacinths can be easily grown in almost any soil. How often is hyacinth watered in Canada? Maintenance is easy and effortless. Watering is sufficient when the soil is dry. Do hyacinths come back every year? What month do you plant the hyacinths?
What are the diseases of the hyacinth flower?
- Rhizoctonia: Brown spots on leaves, usually during sprouting or damage in the form of lines. This fungicide is a soil-borne disease agent.
- Botrytis cineria: The disease agent is found in the soil. Onions to this land disease occurs when planted. Yellowing of the plant and rotting of the onions causes.
- Pythium: This fungus that causes root blackening or soft rot it can cause damage usually within 2 weeks after planting.
Weed Control of Hyacinth Flower; Weed control is done by intervening the soil with herbicide before planting. can be done. If weed control is to be done after planting, it should be done manually.