The leaves of plants may turn yellow due to disease, pests or dehydration. Why do the leaves of plants turn yellow? The factor that usually causes yellowing of plant leaves; This is because there is not enough watering, lack of fertilizer or insufficient light requirement. Turmeric is a perennial herbaceous plant with yellow flowers and large leaves in the ginger family. This plant, also called Indian saffron, is based on South Asia and has spread all over the world from here. Although it is known by names such as saffron root, turmeric, yellow dye, this spice, more commonly known as turmeric, has very important positive effects on health thanks to the component called curcumin in it.
What deficiency causes yellowing of leaves?
Causes of turmeric leaf yellowing; One of the possible reasons why the plant may turn yellow is that it is not getting enough sunlight. If your home doesn’t have a lot of natural light and your plant is in a shady corner, you might want to consider moving it to a sunny spot. Monitor your plant in the following days, as some plants are sensitive to displacement.
- If you have noticed that the leaves of the plant turn yellow. The first reason is related to irrigation. To check the humidity of the plant, insert your finger about 1 cm into the soil. If the soil is still dry, you are watering less, and if it is too moist, you are watering too much.
- One of the most common causes of yellowing leaves is a pest infection. Small bugs or spiders will make your plant sick. In such cases, spray the plant. If there are small holes in the leaves, you can more clearly understand that there is an insect or spider in your plant. To clear the infection, prune off the affected branches.
- One of the possible reasons why the leaf of the plant may turn yellow is that it is not getting enough sunlight. If your home doesn’t have a lot of natural light, move your plant to a sunny location if it stands in a shady corner.
- If there is air conditioning in the room, the leaves of the plant turn yellow. The leaves of the flower, which receives cold weather, turn yellow in a short time. Therefore, do not put your flowers in front of the air conditioner or a cold window.
- The plant gets the nutrients it needs from the soil. If the leaves are yellowing, there may be a lack of nutrients in the soil. Be mindful of your soil to avoid manure burns. Take care to use the soil recommended by the florists. Causes of yellowing of plant leaves >>