The leaves of plants may turn yellow due to disease, pests or dehydration. Why do the leaves of plants turn yellow? The factor that usually causes yellowing of plant leaves; This is because there is not enough watering, lack of fertilizer or insufficient light requirement. Turmeric is a perennial herbaceous plant with yellow flowers and large leaves in the ginger family. This plant, also called Indian saffron, is based on South Asia and has spread all over the world from here. Although it is known by names such as saffron root, turmeric, yellow dye, this spice, more commonly known as turmeric, has very important positive effects on health thanks to the component called curcumin in it.
What deficiency causes yellowing of leaves?
Causes of turmeric leaf yellowing; One of the possible reasons why the plant may turn yellow is that it is not getting enough sunlight. If your home doesn’t have a lot of natural light and your plant is in a shady corner, you might want to consider moving it to a sunny spot. Monitor your plant in the following days, as some plants are sensitive to displacement.
What Is Turmeric? Turmeric is a herbaceous plant with yellow flowers and large leaves belonging to the ginger family, which has recently become widespread. This plant is a plant of South Asian origin and has spread all over the world from South Asia. It is a plant that has many positive effects in the field of health due to the component called curcumin in this plant. Consumption of turmeric is in the form of adding it to meals, adding it to yogurt, and consuming it in the form of tea. It has many benefits for the human body.
HOW TO USE TURMERIC?
Although the turmeric plant is known as an important food item with high nutritional value, the usage area of this plant is much wider than previously thought. For use in any area, the horizontal roots of the plant called “rhizome”, which are attached to the main root of the plant, are preferred. The intense yellow color of turmeric, which contains a large amount of curcumin pigment, makes the plant a good option as a dye. Fresh turmeric roots need to go through several stages to make them suitable for use. First of all, the roots collected from the plant are thoroughly cleaned. The roots are then boiled in cauldrons for 30-35 minutes and dried in hot ovens or in the sun, depending on the conditions. After the roots dry, they are ready for processing.
- If you have noticed that the leaves of the plant turn yellow. The first reason is related to irrigation. To check the humidity of the plant, insert your finger about 1 cm into the soil. If the soil is still dry, you are watering less, and if it is too moist, you are watering too much.
- One of the most common causes of yellowing leaves is a pest infection. Small bugs or spiders will make your plant sick. In such cases, spray the plant. If there are small holes in the leaves, you can more clearly understand that there is an insect or spider in your plant. To clear the infection, prune off the affected branches.
- One of the possible reasons why the leaf of the plant may turn yellow is that it is not getting enough sunlight. If your home doesn’t have a lot of natural light, move your plant to a sunny location if it stands in a shady corner.
- If there is air conditioning in the room, the leaves of the plant turn yellow. The leaves of the flower, which receives cold weather, turn yellow in a short time. Therefore, do not put your flowers in front of the air conditioner or a cold window.
- The plant gets the nutrients it needs from the soil. If the leaves are yellowing, there may be a lack of nutrients in the soil. Be mindful of your soil to avoid manure burns. Take care to use the soil recommended by the florists. Causes of yellowing of plant leaves >>