In this article, we will provide information about plants that grow in the state of Florida. What vegetables and fruits are grown in Florida which vegetables grow better. Content about the variety of plants grown in the Florida region will be on our page. You can grow a variety of vegetables in your garden in Florida. Which vegetables grow best? Do you want to set up a normal garden or greenhouse? We searched for the best vegetables that can be grown in Florida. Consumption of vegetables regularly in accordance with the season is of great importance. Everyone knows that it is among the most important nutritional sources that the body needs. You can grow fresh vegetables in your garden and consume them every day. There are beautiful vegetables that can grow in Florida.
What vegetables can I grow in my garden in Florida?
What is the best month to plant vegetables in Florida?
- Artichoke: According to the researches, artichoke; It is very rich in phosphorus, calcium, iron, sodium, potassium, magnesium, zinc, vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and C.
- Aubergine: There are 1.1 g of protein, 2 g of fat, and 5.5 g of carbohydrates in 100 g of eggplant. In terms of vitamin content; There are 30 IU of vitamin A, 0.4 mg of vitamin B1, 0.5 mg of vitamin B2 and 5 mg of vitamin C in 100 grams.
- Beet: Red beet is one of the most striking vegetables with its color. This vegetable, whose benefits are worth praising as much as its color, has many vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, folate (vitamin B9), phosphate, manganese, potassium, calcium, selenium, iron.
- Black cabbage: Black cabbage, which is a full vitamin C store, is also very rich in vitamins A, B, E, calcium, potassium, sulphur, magnesium, copper and iron.
- Brussels sprouts:
- Carrot: It is a very useful vegetable that distributes healing. It contains iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, arsenic, copper, nickel, iodine, manganese, bromine and sulfur.
- Chili pepper:
- Cucumber: Cucumber, which is very rich in vitamin C, B group vitamins, folic acid, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, iron and magnesium, is very nutritious. Thanks to its antioxidant properties, it fights free radicals.
- Fresh garlic:
- Fresh onion:
- Fresh thyme:
- Green beans:
- Green pepper:
- Kidney bean:
- Leave of Daphne:
- Onion: Onion, which we consume dry and fresh, is a plant that has given flavor to dishes since ancient times. Green leaves and dried tubers are used. Onion, which contains vitamin C, is known for its nutritious and appetizing properties. Apart from vitamin C, it contains vitamins A, B1 and B2, potassium, phosphate, phosphoric acid, iron, iodine, silicon and sulfur.
- Potatoes: contain valuable minerals such as vitamins A, B1, C and B, potassium, phosphorus, nitrogen, magnesium, sodium, calcium, iron, aluminum, manganese.
- Radish: which we see abundantly on the counters, especially in winter, is a storehouse of vitamin C. It also contains sulfur and magnesium.
- Red chili pepper
- Red radish:
- Spinach: Ispanak bol miktarda C, E ve B vitaminleri, magnezyum, demir ve kalsiyum içerir. Bu nedenle besin değeri yüksektir. Ispanak, içerdiği A vitamini nedeniyle göz sağlığı için yararlıdır.
- String beans:
Can I grow vegetables all year round in Florida?
It is possible to grow a variety of vegetables in every season. But it may be healthier to grow and eat vegetables in your garden at seasonal times. It is beautiful in any vegetable season. Seasonal vitamins and minerals are in these vegetables.
What is the best month to plant vegetables in Florida? Winter vegetables carrots, leeks, radishes are planted in winter. 90% of other vegetables can be planted before spring. Florida Plants >>
Some benefits of seasonal vegetables
Carrot reduces hair loss and renews cells while rejuvenating hair. Onion is a natural antibiotic and makes the intestines work. Artichoke protects the liver and gall bladder. Pumpkin runs kidney functions, regulates blood coagulation and supports bone development. Parsley is very effective in bone and dental health. Garlic contributes to calcification, delays aging and offers many important benefits as a natural antibiotic. Lettuce is beneficial for both skin health and nervous system. Cabbage is very beneficial for stomach health. Cauliflower is good for heart diseases and lowers blood pressure. Green beans lower cholesterol and create a strong antioxidant effect. Leek is diuretic. Spinach is very beneficial for skin health, eye health and nervous system.