Of course, grapes are grown in Moldova, where wine production has an important place. Grapes have an important place for Moldova. Vineyards grow in Moldovan villages. Another important plant for Moldova is sunflower. You will find all the plants, trees, flowers and agricultural products grown in Moldova in our article. Moldova has a rather temperate and rainy continental climate. Winters are mild and summers are hot. The northern and central parts of the country are covered with forests. The Republic of Moldova is a state located in Eastern Europe. It is bordered by Ukraine to the north, south and east, and Romania to the west.
What types of trees grow in Moldova?
The territory of Moldova, between the Lower Dniester and Prut rivers, is covered with low hills and alluvial plains. As the plains rise towards the north, they take the appearance of a plateau. The most important mountain range is the 300-400 m high Kadri Mountains. What grows in Moldova? >>
- Grape: Valuable vineyards grow in the Republic of Moldova. Grapes have an important place for Moldova. In Moldova, wine is made from grapes.
- Apple: Moldova grows beautiful apples. Natural apple species are available in the gardens.
- Walnut: Another type of tree that grows in the country.
- Pine tree: Coniferous evergreen tree species grow in Moldova.
- Mulberry tree: A tree species that produces white and black fruits.
- Fir Tree: A tree species preferred in furniture and different areas.
- Cherry: It grows in gardens.
- Apricot: Apricot trees that produce quality products are grown in Moldova.
Moldova’s important agricultural products; cereals, sugar beets, sunflowers, potatoes, vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onions, cabbage) and fruits (especially apples, grapes and apricots, peaches, plums, apricots). Grape stands out as Moldova’s agricultural product that produces the most added value and contributes the most to exports. Sunflower seeds are generally used as an input in the vegetable oil production of the country, and as a result of the processing of the produced sugar beet, an annual average of 110 thousand tons of sugar is produced.
The Republic of Moldova mainly focused on the production of agricultural products during the Soviet Union period, and the production factors of the country were employed in agricultural production. Moldova played an important role in meeting the fresh fruit-vegetable, wine and tobacco needs of the Soviet geography. The country’s lands and climate structure, which are extremely suitable for agricultural production, have been effective in this development.
Popular flowers grown in Moldova
Crocus, lily of the valley, Poppy, peony flower, Judas tree, dahlia, Tulip, Linden, Violet, Daisy, hyacinth, Rose etc.
Leave a Reply