The lotus plant is a type of plant that lives in dirty and muddy environments. The most amazing feature of the plant, also called “real gentle flowers”, is that its leaves are very clean and its flower is very bright, even though it grows in a muddy and dirty environment. So why is the lotus known as the national flower of Viatnam? What are its incredible benefits? What properties does the lotus plant have?
The lotus flower is a tropical plant that grows in rainforests, commonly called Nelumbo. Especially thanks to this feature, it has created an idea that can set an example for many projects in the architectural field. The exterior cladding of the buildings is made to resemble the leaves of the Lotus plant so that the surface of the building is cleaned when it rains.
The importance of Lotus for Viatnam >> The lotus flower is the national flower of Vietnam and holds significant cultural and symbolic value in Vietnamese traditions. There are several reasons why the lotus was chosen as the national flower:
- Symbol of Purity and Enlightenment: The lotus is often associated with purity because it grows in muddy waters but emerges clean and beautiful. This characteristic is seen as a metaphor for the Vietnamese people rising above the challenges and hardships of life to achieve purity and enlightenment.
- Cultural and Religious Significance: The lotus is deeply rooted in Vietnamese culture and Buddhism, a prominent religion in Vietnam. In Buddhism, the lotus is a symbol of purity, spiritual awakening, and enlightenment. It is also associated with the Buddha and is often depicted in religious art.
- Resilience and Strength: The ability of the lotus to thrive in adverse conditions is symbolic of the resilience and strength of the Vietnamese people in the face of historical challenges and struggles.
- Aesthetic Beauty: The lotus is admired for its elegant and delicate appearance. Its vibrant colors and unique shape make it a visually appealing symbol, representing the beauty of Vietnam.
- Cultural Identity: The lotus is deeply ingrained in Vietnamese art, literature, and folklore. Its presence in various aspects of Vietnamese life makes it a natural choice to represent the nation’s cultural identity.
Overall, the lotus flower is a powerful and meaningful symbol in Vietnamese culture, embodying qualities that resonate with the history, spirituality, and identity of the Vietnamese people.
Information about Viatnam’s national flower Lotus
The lotus flower has been used in mythological times to symbolize important things. To this day, the blue lotus symbolizes sexuality, fertility, pure passion and rebirth.
During the time of the ancient Egyptians, the blue lotus flower was considered a sacred flower. The lotus flower, which was used in many religious ceremonies, was also used for sexual purposes by the Egyptian pharaohs. It is stated that the lotus flower has many properties that increase sexual power. The lotus flower in the Egyptian Pyramids has provided sexuality and many visuals collected together.
It is stated that the Blue Lotus flower triggers sexuality with the effect of accelerating blood circulation; it has taken part in the Viagra task for them. In addition, the Lotus plant has been processed in many aspects in literature. Poets and writers have widely included the Lotus flower in their works. They have also recently made a Literature Prize that resembles a lotus flower. Vietnam’s national flower >>